The Hidden World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Wild Anton is in the house
Clessidra, Harbinger EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:25 pm by Öbür Dünya

» Sort of a half-returning, half-hiatus topic
Clessidra, Harbinger EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:35 pm by Öbür Dünya

» Clessidra, Harbinger
Clessidra, Harbinger EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:20 pm by Öbür Dünya

» KICKAPOO! :D (First app done, first thread made. >w> Tee-hee.)
Clessidra, Harbinger EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:25 pm by Joseph De Payns

» Holiday Semi-Hiatus
Clessidra, Harbinger EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:20 pm by Öbür Dünya

» MAGIC INFORMATION
Clessidra, Harbinger EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:48 am by Öbür Dünya

» Beelz, Human (WIP)
Clessidra, Harbinger EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:24 am by Öbür Dünya

» Niccals, Weaver WIP
Clessidra, Harbinger EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:24 am by Öbür Dünya

» Richards, Changeling wip
Clessidra, Harbinger EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:23 am by Öbür Dünya

Staff

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Copyright

The Hidden World universe is a work of fiction.  Names, characters, places, and incidents are products of their creators' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is coincidental.

All content is copyright © 2012- by its respective owners.

Clessidra, Harbinger

3 posters

Go down

Clessidra, Harbinger Empty Clessidra, Harbinger

Post  Letalisa Clessidra Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:40 pm

DOSSIER: HARBINGERS

”Come il flusso e riflusso delle maree, le sabbie del tempo; ma l'uno è ciclica, e l'altra è una silenziosa processione dal grembo alla sporcizia; entrambi sono sorprendentemente bella.”
Translation: ”As the tides ebb and flow, so do the sands of time; yet one is cyclical, and the other is a silent procession from the womb to the dirt; both are astoundingly beautiful.”

BASIC DETAILS

MORTAL NAME:
Letalisa Clessidra

TRUE NAME:
[DATA EXPUNGED]. Also known as “Notichia Absentis.” Letalisa is not fond of this name, and generally only Fate and certain other Harbingers would know it.

ASPECT: Time

APPARENT AGE:
Not a day over twenty-eight, I should say.” About 36-38. “Vile wretch. >.>

None of your business, nosy cur. >.<” About 498 years old.

BIRTHDAY:
6/12/1515

Most often female; has, now and again, taken on a male, genderless, or [REDACTED] mortal form, one of which involved lots of tentacle ra- I mean. Female, unless otherwise noted.

ORIGIN:
Florence, Italy

TYPE: OMEN

PICTURE:
Spoiler:

PERSONAL DETAILS

MORTAL DESCRIPTION:
At the time of writing this, Letalisa's appearance is that of a woman not quite in the prime of her youth, but rather a bit more matured and sophisticated. Noteworthy at first glance is her hair; she bears light blonde hair to below her midriff, often somewhat curly at her bangs and towards the tips. She has slightly larger eyes than normal, often accented with various makeups, and the irises are normally mismatched, a red and a green eye, to which she says "It stands out from the billions; it's a fashion statement, really." As it happens though, considering her mortal form is malleable, she can change hair and eye color with little difficulty, although it requires a small portion of the time it takes to build a completely new mortal form. Her lips are full, and often colored with lipstick, her favorite colors being vermillion, scarlet, a dark maroon, and on the occasion, a snowy white, although that one is usually just for special occasions. Moving down from her face and hair, Leta tends to wear dresses, often either with one strap, or strapless, and prefers dresses like those in ancient Greek atwork, as they make her feel more like the goddess she believes herse- "the goddess I am, you mean, surely. >.>" Erm. Yes, let's put it that way. >.> Anywho, she also shows a preference towards high-heeled shoes, and both her dresses and shoes are often red or black, but always the same colors, as she can't have mismatched clothing, because that's just stupid. Duh. She also likes nice jewelry, and prefers diamonds and obsidian on silver chains, and wears at least two necklaces and four rings at any given time, in addition to earrings and whatever bracelets she feels like wearing. Letalisa walks with a strut in her step, and a sashay to her hips, and is fond of brushing her hair to the side when talking to people. She speaks with a light Italian accent, in a rather elegant tone, sophisticated and such, and would be considered somewhere between a soprano and a sopranino, in terms of her vocal pitch.

IMMORTAL DESCRIPTION:
Despite the beauty Letalisa shows in her mortal form, her true form holds significantly less of this. It is a rather surreal, inhuman appearance, and one would truly have to see it to believe it; when not shrouded in human looks, Letalisa takes the form of a mass of sand. This mass is a rather large "puddle" of sand, of about a six to nine foot radius, coming up to a height of one foot at maximum. In the center of the mass is a humanoid form, also composed of sand, about six feet tall, with a feminine figure. The entirety of this form is seen to be aflame in patches of bright white fire. The sand is found to be under intense pressure and is in a constant state of sedimentation; her entire true form, in heat and pressure, solidifies into glass quite rapidly, and at various points on her body at a time, and then seems to melt into molten slag, dripping down her body, before cooling back into sand and renewing the process. All of this seems to symbolize time, in its essence as compared to life and death; all things that be must die, so that others can take that place, with the sand representing youth, the glass as adulthood, and the lava as old age and dying. While in this form, should Letalisa move, the mass of sand under her will move somewhat like a snail, sliding over the ground, leaving bits of sand and fragments of glass in her path. When she speaks, while in this form, no mouth moves or forms, but instead, a harsh metallic sound is issued from the sand, comparable to seven or eight people speaking ina monotone through heavily distorted megaphones at the same time.

PERSONALITY:
To state Letalisa's personality in a summaritive manner, she is rather cruel, calculating, and evil, to the core. On the occasion, there are exceptions to this, and to a handful of people, she can be nice to others, and actually care about some (if anything ever happened to her little ghostly companion, she'd- "NOT CARE. >.<;;;" " >: | Clessidra, Harbinger 259922539 " M'yes. Well, yeah, she'd pretend she didn't ca- "I don't pretend. >.< I REALLY WOULDN'T CARE!! D<" SHADDUP LETA, LET ME TALK! Where were we... Um, yes! Well, she wouldn't care (shetotallywould) if anything happened to those she chose to actually like.

But she's a lot more complex than just hate-you-love-you! She has a very strict, or at least casually abided by, set of morals, namely just to ensure that no matter where she is, or what she's doing, she's always the most charming and elegant person in attendance, and most commonly as star of the show. Yeah, she's really that vain. And of course, there's her luxurious lifestyle; no matter how many mortal forms she goes through, she's made sure to carefully will all of her assets to herself, or rather, her next identity, once one becomes a little too suspicious; it's not often that someone lives to be several hundred years old, you know. In addition, she's constantly on the lookout for more quick and easy ways to get money, and then ways to get nice things in exchange for the often ill-begotten dough. Right, that's greed and pride down; let's take a stroll down the path of envy, shall we?~ Leta always wants what she can't have. If someone has something she wants, she takes it. If she can't have it, nobody can, and in general, she can have it, if not by force than by tact. And then of course, lust... Next to pride, this is probably her biggest issue; Letalisa is a lustful person, plain and simple. The carnal desires are what she seeks, when she isn't busy planting strife on the world, or poisoning your coffee. ("*holds up sign: "If she were my wife, I'd drink it. (Rimshot)" *")

Well then... It certainly didn't help her case to give detailed descriptions of how she continuously breaks Deadly Sins... Well, she really CAN be a good person, y'know? When you get through to her, or when she's putting on a mask for a public event, she'll seem to loosen up and relax. When in this mood, a smiling Leta is a bit more likely, she seems a lot happier, and she seems to be less likely to kill your face in front of your family and friends, for public execution stylings; if she kills you at all, while this cheerful, it'd be a bit more at her leisure, and less public. THIS IS HOW YOU WANT HER TO ACT AROUND YOU!!

~ Vincent van Gogh "*coughcough*vanGhostyoumean?>.>*coughcough*" ": |"
~ Luxury
~ Money
~ Evil "Yeesh, that's quite a blunt way to go about it. >.> Why not call me Satan and get it over with, if you're gonna be like that? D<"
~ LETALISA IS SATAN. YES. D< "Clessidra, Harbinger 1960433112"
~ Wine
~ Causing pain
~ Master plans
~ Lining up dominoes to topple them over
~ The ticking of a clock
~ Hourglasses
~ Shopping
~ Sexy activities and such, if'nyouknowwhatImean.
~ The ocean.
~ The color red
~ War
~ Ravioli

DISLIKES:
~ Galileo. "Clessidra, Harbinger 1846110209 WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT THAT NAME!?" D< SHADDUP, LETA.
~ Rats
~ The whole "Holier-Than-Thou" group of people.
~ The Oracle Harbingers
~ Most humans
~ Idiots
~ Plebeians
~ The poor
~ People who claim to be better than her
~ Weavers
~ Most Children of Blood and Changelings
~ The other Omens, for the most part
~ Peaceful ends to conflicts
~ Having her plans thwarted
~ Caviar

HISTORY:
(In order to properly tell the story of Letalisa's existence, this is to be broken up by centuries.)
1515-1615
It was a warm day in Italy, when Fate had chosen to destroy Time. At the time, no pun intended, Chronos was the Harbinger of time, and had been for a long time; he was an incredibly old being, even for a Harbinger, having been born in about 300 BC. He was, however, incredibly senile and mad after such a long period of immortality, the very curse of the Harbingers. Therefore, Fate deemed him a danger to his plans, and as such, destroyed him, and reformed him into a new being. This being was Notichia Absentis. She appeared on the Earth in an alleyway of Florence, after Fate had created her. She roamed Italy for her first hundred years, not doing very much at all, to be honest. She assisted in the invention of the spring-powered clock and pocket watch, namely by tossing the idea to the inventors in the forms of letters, with suggested designs. Later on, in 1594, she met Galileo Gallilei, to whom she held as a secret lover, and had planned to marry him. However, her mortal form at the time was killed by a stray crossbow bolt as the two walked in the woods. Having been thusly forced, her true form had been revealed, as Galileo, much to her surprise, turned the hunter who'd shot it to stone. Turning to her then, the two got into a bitter argument, as she rebuilt a body. In the end, minutes before her body was complete, Galileo, by then admitting to being a Weaver, cursed Letalisa with a fatal allergy to rat hair, which affected her True Form, meaning it would cross into any Mortal Form she'd ever take. To prove his point, after she was mortal again, he shot her knees with the hunter's crossbow, smashed her arms with a hammer, and left her in the woods to die. As she lay there, eh... WELL. Use your imagination! D'< If I actually wrote what happened, I'd have nightmares for years to come! T^T To say the least, she lost that mortal form as well, and in her True Form, she certainly killed the crap out of some rats. In the years to come, she avoided rats with a passion, and made sure to set some on fire.
1615-1715
Eh, she figured the seventeenth century would be nicer to her. She again influenced the time-telling capabilities of humanity, by giving the ideas for the pendulum clock, and y'know, mixed up a bit more chaos.
1715-1815

(NO. D< JUST NO. I WROTE THESE ALREADY. MY BROWSER ATE THEM. TWICE. D< I'LL WRITE THESE LATER. I HATE REWRITING! D'<)
1815-1915
(DUE TO MY BROWSER BEING A DICK, AND EATING HALF OF MY APP, INCLUDING ABOUT 1200 WORDS OF HISTORY, THIS WILL BE SUMMARIZED, RATHER THAN REWRITTEN, BECAUSE I’LL DO IT LATER.)
- Letalisa meets a 25 year old Vincent van Gogh, while in the Netherlands for evil purposes. These are put on hold because LUFF. YES. LETA CAN LOVE TOO. D<

- Vincent proposes to Leta, Leta has to explain her immortality, the two grow distant.

- Leta and van Gogh get back together, but van Gogh chops his ear off to get another girl’s attention. Leta finds out, breaks up with him, and goes back to Italy.

- van Gogh, realizing death was the only way a mortal such as he could be with Leta again, and this time forever, he shot himself, instructing a friend to deliver a note and the gun to Leta’s house, knowing she’d return.

- Indeed, she did return, found the note, yada-blah, LETA CRIED, then his ghost came out of the kitchen and stuff happened. She and he went back to Italy together.

1915-20??
- Back in Italy, Leta helps people invent time stuff again! No, not the De’Lorrian, something EVEN BETTER! Quartz oscillators and atomic clocks! Yes!

- She hears tale of Sin and Virtue’s little lover’s spat, later known as World War II, and the Holocaust. Yeah… While she COULD intervene, and maybe help the world, she figured it best to kick rocks and let retards be retards.

- So Leta shifted her mortal form’s hair to blonde and eyes to blue, all Aryan and such, and left Italy, which had already gotten caught up in all the genocides and such by then. She boarded a ship set for New York, and on the way, shifted her eyes to the green and red heterochromia they bear to this day.

- Once in America, she bought a penthouse in New York City, and lives there now, with van Ghost.

- Letalisa hasn’t been up to TOO much mischief in this past century… She’s lain rather dormant… Like a volcano, that is. Tick tock, people… Tick… Tock.

(~(”THAT. WAS THE BIGGEST PILE OF CRAP. THAT YOU’VE EVER WRITTEN. D<” Give me a break, you jerk! D< I HAD TO REDO THE GIST OF TWO HUNDRED YEARS OF INFORMATION, LETA! D< JERK. ”Psh. >.>”)~)

ABILITY DETAILS

SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Letalisa is a rather talented seductress, and in addition, is quite charismatic in any other form.
- In her mortal form, she may lack a bit of brute force, but is athletic, and acrobatically agile.
- She's a cold-blooded, ruthless, brutal-but-effective, killer, with no remorse. Neutral
- She's taken to drawing, and can sketch things fairly well. I mean, she's only had 500 years to practice...
- Letalisa is a skilled dancer.
- She is also a bit of an omniglot; again, you get that from centuries of experience.

WEAKNESSES:
- Letalisa is overconfident, cocky, and arrogant, though not in an obvious way. More of a smugness, than headstrong recklessness.
- Very impatient; for an immortal being who is ALSO the personification of time, she certainly wants everything done right now.
- She tends not to get along well with others. She doesn't like others. Neutral
- She can't cook worth a crap. Neutral ">.> I cook better than you, flaming-water..." That was thrice, Leta. D< You can't hold it against me forever. "I'm immortal, yes I can. <:" D<
- Considering her age, and the fact she's "died" around five or six times, she's not exactly a favorite of Fate.
- She's probably also not a favorite of the other Harbingers. Or humans. Or CoB. Or Weavers. Or Changers... Nobody likes her. Neutral
- Incredibly vain, and a bit too partial to her mortal forms, considering they are temporary, and disposable.

LANGUAGES SPOKEN:
Letalisa does, in fact, talk to people, and tends to speak in Italian, Dutch, English (Shakespearean), Latin, Greek, Arabic, German (Middle High), French (Old), Armenian (Classical), Gothic, Sumerian (Which she learned from another Harbinger when she was but a few years old.)and Japanese (Late Middle), all with a fairly heavy Italian accent.
Van Gogh/Van Ghost doesn't speak, rather, Uses informal sign language, mouths words on occasion, and facepalms a lot.

Letalisa speaks several languages with various dialects, as she learned them when they were more commonly spoken, rather than after being revitalized/evolved. So she'd sound a little strange to someone who speaks the more modern version.

TRIVIA:
- Leta has met a rather surprising number of historical figures over her long life:
  • Vincent van Gogh "He was one of many lovers of mine, and he looked perfectly fine until he lost his ear. Neutral Tried giving it to some girl, so I dumped him, left him out on the curb. Theeeeeen, of course, he killed himself, and tried to haunt me. xD how did THAT work out...?" ... *sadly shakes head...*"

• William Shakespeare "Fun at parties. Once dared him to write a play about this guy, Romero, who loved to punch his wife, Julia, in the jaw. But noooooo, he just HAD to add his own twists. >.>"

• Réné Déscártés "Yes, I know there are far too many accent marks. >.> I still say he doesn't think, and therefore, shouldn't have existed..."

• Mary I of England (Bloody Mary) "Wonderful lady, truly a sublime, and charming person! Not to mention the slaughter, also splendid."

• Isaac Newton "I think I had to recreate a new mortal form twice, just listening to the man speak. Ugh, dolce madre del Destino, why didn't I just kill him mid-sentence...?"

• Galileo Galilee "Now, THIS GUY. He was pretty cool, less boring than Isaac, anyways. Until we figured out one another's secrets, and he cursed me with a fatal allergy to rats, which seems permanent, no matter how many mortal forms I go through. Neutral *silent laughter* Shut up, Ghosty. >.>"

- Letalisa enjoys J-Pop and Classic Rock, over other music genres.
- Tends to carry around a butterfly knife and a pistol at all times, and is highly trained in the use of many weapons, modern and medieval.
- Has a designated safehouse in New York City. It's a penthouse apartment, and is under her "family name," such that her closest living relative gains possession of it, should she die. Obviously, she is always the closest living relative, and keeps a book detailing who gets it next.
- Letalisa has painted several minorly famous pieces, displayed in various art museums, under the guise of "Marisalli Giornatti."
- Isn't fond of rap music, but enjoys hearing rap battles, saying they amuse her.

POWERS

Name: Desert Palm
Type: Active
Level: 1
Mastery: 1
Description: With this ability, Letalisa can turn inanimate objects to sand with a touch. This is done merely by touching the object with the force of a slap, and it affects a maximum cylindrical volume of radius three feet, and height/depth of nine feet. This is most commonly used to clear a path for her, often by disintegrating walls. This process is irreversible at level one.
Weakness: This ability cannot be used if turning an object to sand will harm any living being, directly or indirectly. It may also not be used if someone is touching the object when she attempts to change it.

Name: Double-Paced March
Type: Passive
Level: 1
Mastery: 1
Description: Letalisa can move at twice the maximum speed of a normal human being. This amounts to a full running speed of fifty-two miles per hour, and a walking speed of about eighteen or twenty.
Weakness: While she is moving at her full speeds, for whatever activity it is she is doing, she can't use any of her other abilities.

USER DETAILS

ALIAS:
Jay, of corpse.

OTHER CHARACTERS:
I REFUSE TO LIST MY NON-EXISTENT CHARACTERS! D<

FACECLAIM:
Code:
[b]YASUNORI MITSUNAGA/PRINCESS RESURRECTION[/b] – [i]Hime[/i]

CUSTOM RANK:
Dat Sexy van Ghost

Last edited by Letalisa Clessidra on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:44 pm; edited 16 times in total
Letalisa Clessidra
Letalisa Clessidra
DAT SEXY VAN GHOST

Character Information
Level: <3

Back to top Go down

Clessidra, Harbinger Empty Re: Clessidra, Harbinger

Post  Öbür Dünya Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:45 pm

It looks like this work in progress is certainly going places, but for the sake of keeping a paper trail and a personal reminder to both of us, your archive date is...Well, it WOULD be on the 31st, but since that's Halloween I'll give you an extension of two days, so your archive date is November 2nd.
Öbür Dünya
Öbür Dünya
PENDING

Character Information

http://accept-love-protect.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Letalisa Clessidra Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:21 am

Requestering about a week's extension; got a couple projects for school, and I can't really work on this until those are done. Specifically, an Art project due Monday, an English project due today, a Spanish project due tomorrow, and a fine selection of AP Psychology work that will possibly kill me. Dx At any rate, shan't be able to make Leta for at least three-four days. v.v
Letalisa Clessidra
Letalisa Clessidra
DAT SEXY VAN GHOST

Character Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Öbür Dünya Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Extended until November 10th. Wink
Öbür Dünya
Öbür Dünya
PENDING

Character Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Letalisa Clessidra Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:56 am

Without TOO much murder involved in doing so, I have FINALLY finished this. D< The history is shoddy at best, and I am NOT proud of it as it is. I WAS proud of it, before Firefox ATE IT, though. >.> I'll fix it later, leave me alone. D<

READY FOR APPROVAL.
Letalisa Clessidra
Letalisa Clessidra
DAT SEXY VAN GHOST

Character Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Samael Beelz Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:40 am

All of it looks good to me. But you better keep your promise and rewrite your history, don't want people to think that staff gets off easier than they do ok? Alright, approved.
Samael Beelz
Samael Beelz
PENDING

Character Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Öbür Dünya Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:43 am

I'm not going to prevent you from participating in the roleplay sections, but please fix this app accordingly:

1. The history section needs to be written out properly.
  2. Check your coding and make sure you have all the necessary closing tags. Though this is more for cosmetic purposes, stray bits of code slow down the reading and evaluation process. Wink

That's all for now.
Öbür Dünya
Öbür Dünya
PENDING

Character Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Öbür Dünya Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:20 pm

{BUMP}
Öbür Dünya